MFR is the market leading radio station for the north of Scotland, covering the Highlands, Moray and Aberdeenshire – an area the size of Belgium! MFR provides entertaining local radio that is relevant and engaging to a diverse and widespread audience; which is no mean feat, but is ultimately the key to MFR’s success. MFR is a strong brand with a loyal audience. MFR represents and unites the north of Scotland like no-one else. MFR is committed to news, sport and the people in our area.
- With 25 years of heritage, Moray Firth Radio is the number one radio station for the Highlands
- Over 1 in every two people living in the Highlands tune in to MFR on a weekly basis
- A large transmission area, comparable to the size of Belgium!
- Daytime programmes have a mix of the best hit music from the last three decades balanced with fun competitions, news, sport and community action. Weekday evenings, MFR aims at a younger audience featuring young, vibrant presenters and a music mix of new and classic chart hits. It is interactive, engaging and immediate
- At the heart of the Highlands, MFR broadcasts to a loyal local audience who value the station for its relevant and desirable personalities and unique programming which genuinely reflects, and celebrates, their local life
MFR listener profile:
- Reach: 111,000
- Average Hours: 10.7
- Reach % in TSA: 47 %
- Commercial Market Share: 66.9 %
- Total Hours: 1,179,000
- All Radio Market Share: 23.6 %
44.8%% of ABC1 Profile