Northsound Radio is the market leading radio station for Aberdeen and the North-east of Scotland .
Northsound 1 plays contemporary music from the 1980s to today, alongside news, sport and travel bulletins. Northsound 2 follows a 'classic gold' style playing music from the 1960s to 1980s alongside talk, news and sports coverage. With 30 years under its belt, Northsound has established strong ties with the local community and businesses which provides the backbone for the stations programming and has built up a strong audience loyalty over its many years of broadcasting. Local news and information – such as weather, traffic and travel reports – play a pivotal role, with Northsound consistently delivering news that matters to local people accurately and before anyone else.
- We believe Northsound’s continued success and position as the top rated radio station in the area is down to providing what our “customers” want.
- For listeners, this is an evolving mix of the music they enjoy hearing, entertaining or thought-provoking discussions, regular news and sport and local information.
- For clients, this means creativity and new ideas to keep advertising campaigns and promotions fresh, interesting and relevant to listeners.
01224 337 000
Northsound 1 listener profile:
- Reach: 140,000
- Average Hours: 9.5
- Reach % in TSA: 42.5 %
- Commercial Market Share: 40.1 %
- Total Hours: 1,326,000
- All Radio Market Share: 20.1 %
51%% of ABC1 Profile